Monday, February 2, 2009

A whole new world

So I'm kind of uber pissed. I had one of those camera snafus, you know, where I go somewhere and take once in a lifetime pictures only to have the compact flash card fuck up on you and now I'm pretty sure those pictures are lost forever. LUCKILY I had a backup crappy camera...

It'll have to do.

So lets back track a little..while my laptop shocks me every 5 seconds. Here is my parents Annivers. dinner we had at an Italian restaurant. wooo cake. And here I am holding up a placement. Who doesn't love a good old Arabic Mongolian Chinese Family Restaurant? The answer is EVERYONE. because I'm pretty sure there's only one. This is that hot spring I was talking about before. My feet are on fire here but you can't tell. My feet felt like gold after though. There's minerals in the water--its theraputic. I wish I could bottle some for Jay. Ahhh the Grand Mosque. The second largest mosque in the world second only to, well, MECCA. If this doesn't shout I am Princess Jasmine, I don't know what does. Well...its a mosque...not a palace. But you can see this thing for miles. This is also where I took said 'awesome pictures' and thus lost them. Maybe it was a sign... WHAT?! (for Femma) I know you guys are gonna love this pic (mostly Vanessa). Let me explain. You have to wear the Abaya inside of the mosque as a sign of respect. This isn't a place where women are forced to wear these or anything. Besides...I liked them...they're breezy and cover everything on a bad hair/fat day. GAH my pictures were so much better. clearly this is a "Amanda turn around so I can take your picture" shot by Mom. lame. Each individual flower on the walls is made of marble. crazy! And in other crooked photography, here is a picture of the world's largest swarovski crystal (Vic's mom loves!) chandalier. It's huge. Oh and the carpet below it that you can hardly see, is the world's largest persian rug. oooh. aaaah. I hope God/Allah will help me retrieve the rest of my photos from today. Someday.

And now some completely gratuitous beach shots! Here you can see in the hazy afternoon the skyline of Abu Dhabi in the background.


Here you see me (yay!) looking at what is the world's biggest flag pole. AND flag. I know i know I'm sure you were all laying awake at night wondering, where in the WORLD is the biggest flag EVER? well look no further my friends. Here we see the United Arab Emirates flag in the distance. And, I know what you're thinking, you're thinking, no way, we gots flags like that in the Wal Mart plaza! but you are wrong, by the time I actually got close to the pole in question, it was the thickness of a house at the base. Collaborate and LISTEN! Hahaha everytime I see the stop signs I laugh because my dad says they look like 2 guys in a canoe. He's always like, "Oh! the two guys in the canoe are telling me to stop!" bwahaha hilarity!Here is a pic of all the fixins' they bring you for eating shawarma. mmm.

That was a lacking last picture. Howabout another gratuitous beach shot! thats right, soak it in.
Oh and p.s. by popular demand (...my brother) you can now click on the images to view them bigger and comments are now open to everyone :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amanda!

fem said...

Love the 'breezy' abaya.

Also, did you know Yentl was now avail. on dvd as a 2-disc set? Watch a clip here: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PuNrf1LufqY

WHAAAAAT!?