Saturday, January 31, 2009

Climb Every Mountain


Well hello there. Come hither to my tent.

Today we drove an hour and a half to the city of Al Ain. It's known as an oasis town. Al Ain is home to Jebel Hafeet
It's a mountain, with hot springs charging down that they drain into these little streams where people go to dip their feet in and bathe. I dipped my feet in, and it felt sooo good, but eventually I couln't take it, because its like being in a hot tub in the middle of the summer.

It took us half an hour to drive up the entire mountain. a Sheik (royalty) ordered that a road be constructed so that he could get to the top of the mountain, and build a palace at the top. It took 4 years to build the road.


When we made it to the top, we saw Staypuft taking in the view. WHAT? Staypuft, what are you doing here? I already said go home!
*meep meep*


How high is the mountain? pretty damn high. I'm pretty sure I could see way out into the desert from there as you can see in this very hot looking picture. it was 24 degrees out.



This is the second half of that palace I was talking about. check that thing out! That's some prime real estate right there. But what you're royalty, why not.

If you look very closely, those black dots are actually woman off in the distance climbing a curvy path up the mountain.

There are tons of signs about not graffity-ing the mountain. Screw that!

Some ladies scoping the view.

On our way down the mountain, I took this shot of a ridge out in the desert.

We drove home right when sunset hit.

This is my lame attempt at trying to get a picture of a sand dune. I was really excited to see them! they're beaufiful and there's wild camels about as well....but I'm promised I will see many a sand dune, as I have many adventures planned...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jae.S said...

Looks like your having a blast!! These pictures are amazing....keep them coming...say hi to the fams for me! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

love the pics, they are so beautiful. i have never been this jealous in my entire life. miss u lots, send me a fun post card. i'll facebook you the address.