Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Want to Ride My Bicycle I Want to Ride My Bike

Hello blawg fans...wherever you are. Today I had a desire to visit the Corniche. Pronounced "Core-neesh" The above picture wasn't taken by me...or WAS it...no...it wasn't...but I wanted you to get an idea of what the Corniche is. Basically, it's what Toronto wishes it had the money and cheap labour to do. The most beautiful harbourfront. Although in this case, its the Persian Gulf with its clear waters. Not the nuclear plant wasted Lake Ontario.

Anyway, it spans the entire coast, and I wanted to rent a bicycle, take so
me time to stop along the beach etc.
Here is my bike! honestly, I wanted this wicked cool Pink cruiser bike, but it had back pedal brakes...which might not be fun if you have to stop a lot when there's people in the way.
My bike wanted me to stop and take in the view. OKAY bike if you insist.
I realized about half an hour of bike riding gets you pretty far, and the sun appeared to be setting.
My mom took this picture of me...I'm talking to my dad...clearly I'm too important to take a picture?!?
Beau-ti-ful sunset
Signing off from the Corniche in Abu Dhabi, I'm Amanda de Souza. Stay classy San Francisco.

So, tomorrow I am getting a full tour of the University, and will meet all of my dad's colleagues. Then we are heading straight for DUBAI. It's about an hour and half drive I'm told, but only because everyone drives about 130km/hr on the highway. (It's a little craze) I should mention that everyone drives nice cars here.

We are staying at *drumroll* Atlantis the Palm Resort in Dubai. Many of you may know the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. This is the same thing...different beach. Here she is
YOWZA! The hotel is on the tip of the Jumeirah Palm island. You know, you've probably seen it on the Discovery Channel, its one of those man-made islands: and they're also making one called "The World" that looks like the earth from space?

Anyway, we are going for the weekend, so next time I blog I'm sure it'll include many pictures from this amazing looking resort. Also, I should mention a fun little snack of info, In the UAE, Friday and Saturday is the weekend. Sunday is a work day! Bet ya didn't see that coming.

See u soon blog friends :)

p.s. I know, I would hate me too if I knew I was staying at that resort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay amanda i'm incredibly jealous.. why wouldn't i come with you? why wouldn't i?
apparently i'm stupid!
love ya!